Friday, May 11, 2007

Zombies Overrun a Very Small Section of Union Square

I found out around lunchtime today that people were going to be dressing up as zombies and hanging out in Union Square tonight before going to a showing of "28 Weeks Later." Initially, I had planned to shred up an old suit, dye some corn syrup red, slap both on me, and go as Zombie Lawyer. But, I would have been really pressed for time, since I didn't leave work until around 6, and the zombies were gathering at 6:30. Also, it looked like rain. So, I did not join in, but I got a few pictures.

When I first arrived, I was pretty disappointed, because I couldn't see any zombies. Of course, part of that is my fault, since I was one of the lame individuals who knew about zombie day and didn't bother dressing up. However, if you look very carefully in the middle of the photo, you can see one lone zombie's bloody shirt in the crowd:

As I got closer, I saw more zombies. As it turns out, they like their cigarettes:


As with all great cultural events, Fangoria showed up and gave away t-shirts. But they only gave them to people dressed as zombies.

This zombie was nice enough to interact with both civilians and Goths:

No comments: