Sunday, May 20, 2007

May 13-19, 2007: The Week in Review

Since I spend lots of time at work, this is mostly last Sunday and yesterday in review. Anyway, a friend from work is watching her sister's dog for the summer. Since she already has a dog, she knew there would be issues with introducing them to one another. Apparently, some dog expert said that it would be easier to introduce them outside of her apartment, because of territoriality issues, so I agreed to hang out in front of her building with the new dog when it arrived last Sunday while she went up to fetch the other dog so that she could walk them together:

After walking them around Tompkins Square Park for a while, we stopped off at Zum Schneider for beer and pretzels. And, for the dogs, weiners.


Last night, I stopped in at Death & Co. After my first glass of port, the following conversation ensued:

ME: Can I have another glass of the Sandeman 20 year?

BARTENDER 1: We're all out. In fact, I think you drank the entire bottle.

BARTENDER 2: We should have saved the empty for you.

ME (to man sitting next to me): Well, I didn't drink the whole thing tonight!

The following photograph is meant as a memorial to the bottle I killed:

No comments: