Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Engaged

A while back, my significant other pointed out that I had not updated this blog in forever.  I said that I couldn't think of anything to write about.  He said, "You just moved in with a dude!"  He was right!  And now, nearly a year later, I still haven't updated, until now.

Anyway, I went to Kyoto and, under the cherry tree in the Imperial Gardens shown to the left, got engaged.  Or, as one commenter on my now-fiance's Facebook page put it when he updated his relationship status, "ENGAYDGED."

It is weird, because I had never really considered myself a marriage person, and if I had considered myself a marriage person, I had not considered myself an engagement person, but here I am.

We are still nailing down a few small details, like when it will happen and whether or not to serve our guests a Qdoba buffet at the reception(s).

In all seriousness, I have no idea how to put a wedding into effect.  Not even a low-key, non-princessy affair like the one I think we're trying to pull off.  I picked up a bridal magazine at the corner store a couple of days ago and started looking through it, then put it back on the shelf a few seconds later in horror.  The dresses were all so very, very white.  I don't think I am that publication's target audience.

No comments: